Contestants will present a 5 minute session on a subject of their choice relating to Web Development or Web Design. They will present in front of the REMIX audience and in front of a panel of judges. If there are more than a certain number of contestants (TBD), there will be ‘heats’ earlier in the day with the winners of the heats in a ‘speak-off’ in the evening session. The ‘speak-off’ will take place as stated in the evening of the first day of MIX and the first prize is an XBox 360 and some goodies!
- Speakers must NOT have previously presented ‘full sessions’ at DDD, TechEd, DevWeek, SDN, SQLBITS, VBUG Conference, NxtGenUG FEST or any similar such conferences.
- Speakers must create a new session of their own with new material which can be based on existing material but cannot be a simple copy of it.
- Speakers must limit their session to as close to 5 minutes as possible (overrunning time will cause the speaker to be marked down.)
- Speakers must not have previously won Speaker Idol or “Ready Steady Speak” UK Launch
- Speakers must state their desire to enter the competition by no later than COP Monday 15th September 2008.
- Speakers should provide if at all possible their own laptop, but one can be provided if necessary. The speaker should notify the organisers of any software prerequisites.
- Speakers should have spoken previously at a User Group meeting even if only for a 10 min mini-session or ‘nugget’. This is NOT mandatory.
Interested? If so then Dave McMahon is the person to email.